Saturday, September 6, 2014

I'm On Top Of The World , Hey!!




I’m on top of the world, hey! That’s what it felt like this past weekend hiking Y Mountain for the first time. I've lived in Utah all my life and I’ve never hiked it. I’ve always wanted to, but it is a little steep and my knees do not like steep. Hiking the Y was on my summer bucket list, but after my knee started popping out of place I thought it wasn't the best idea. About a week ago one of my best friends Ben asked if he and an ELITE team of men could carry me up to the Y. I was a little hesitant, but at the same time very excited. This summer I learned that being independent doesn't mean you have to be stubborn. Ever since I was little I wanted to do EVERYTHING! Every sport, every game, everything.  I didn’t want a little swag walk to pull me back from what others were doing.  I also became very stubborn. I wanted to do things on my own even when I obviously needed a little bit help. I thought that weakness or a limitation of mine would show that I wasn’t strong.  I was embarrassed.  When people would want to do something for me, like give me an arm while I’m walking, or a piggyback, or just helping me up, I would usually say, "No, thank you, I’m good." This year, I learned it doesn’t make me any different to grab a hand when its welcomed. It also doesn’t make me weak to ask for help.  It actually makes me stronger.  Saying I’m independent is "I, I, I," to say I’m dependent is pointing fingers and saying "you, you, you." That is why we need to be both independent and dependent at the same time. We must serve others but also let others serve us. That is how we make it to the top. We make it together.  We make it by doing our part and letting others help in that journey
LEGENDARY STATUS!! P.S Thanks Ben! 


.
P.S.S Thank you ELITE team of men!  This is what quality Men are!  I will never forget this experience in getting to the top!


                                                                                                
                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment